[Macpartners] time tracking logins?

Albert Willis awillis at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 25 18:38:05 EST 2006

On Jan 10, 2006, at 3:28 PM, Aran M. Parillo wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Earlier today I was asked about the ability to time track/account for
> os x user logins.  We're particularly interested in gathering usage
> info on a machine which is dedicated to running a microscope.
>
> Before I start hunting around, I thought I'd check with the list and
> see if anyone is already doing this, what you might be using, or
> perhaps there is this functionality already tucked away 'under the
> hood' so to speak?
>
> Thanks in advance for your feedback,
> Aran

Aran,

there's an ac command you can use at the command line. For example,
typing 'ac -p' (no quotes) displays total amount of time each user
has been logged in.

Hope that helps.

   -- Al

Albert Willis
Macintosh Platform Coordinator - Software Release Team
Client Support Services
Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
awillis at mit.edu