[Macpartners] Macpartners] Connecting MACs to Windows 2003 Server

Mateja Miljacki mateja at apple.com
Fri Jan 20 09:07:36 EST 2006

Gina,

What is serving AFP on the Windows 2003 server? MS Services for Mac
is an old old beast that has not been updated since Windows 2000 at
which point it was also outdated in the protocol version. AFP is up
to v3.2 (served easily both AFP and SMB from Mac OS X Server), the
Microsoft Services for Mac is on AFP v2.

There are 3rd party products that are so bad (or so cheap) that run
on Windows and provide a decent AFP share, extremeZ IP is one of them.

Mateja.

--
Mateja Miljacki
mateja at apple.com