[Macpartners] Times Italic Bold - printer output issues [resend w/o the attachment]

Kerem B Limon k_limon at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 27 15:00:35 EDT 2005

Quoting "Aran M. Parillo" <aran at MIT.EDU>:

> Hello,
>
> I am having a printer output issue which seems specific to Mac OS X,
> Times Italic, and the Xerox Phaser 7750 I am printing to via tcp/ip.
>
> In short, the print output does not resemble what is in print
> preview, nor what is put onto paper.  The kerning is off and parts of
> the letters are 'thickened' and other parts 'thinned'.
> (ref link http://web.mit.edu/aran/Public/italics.gif )
>
> I am searching for a resolve on this, but would appreciate any Xerox
> Phaser vs OS X or printer expertise you can share here.
>
> I will add that Windows print jobs in this font the output is satisfactory.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help here!
> Aran

I don't know how to do this under OS X, but you might want to check
whether the
fonts are being downloaded to the printer as outlines or being used off a
built-in font cache. Then try the other and see if there is improvement. For
comparison, check (in the advanced printer properties) under Windows what the
"correctly printing" configuration is.

Good luck,
-Kerem