[Macpartners] remote access/control OS X

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 30 10:02:00 EDT 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 5:36 PM, Rachel Morton wrote:

> Am looking for way to set up a laptop so it can perform basic tasks
> remotely on a office system. I have tried  a combination of VNC
> server and Chicken of the VNC but the response is not what I
> expected or hoped for.
> Does anyone have a suggestion.

Depending on whether you're willing to spend money on the problem,
you might want to look at Netopia's Timbuktu Pro <http://
www.netopia.com/software/products/tb2/>.  They've been around since
Mac OS 9 days and are also one of the few ways to control Macs from
Windows machines and vice versa -- though the multi-platform product
is more expensive.

Note there's a time-limited evaluation version so you can check it
out and see if it's worth the money.

--lxs

Alexandra Ellwood <lxs at mit.edu>
MIT Kerberos Development Team