[Macpartners] DVD recorder for blue/white G3?

Robert Marlatt robob at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 22 12:38:24 EDT 2004

Scott

I have a Lacie recorder which works with this OS version and a G4. It
came with the software product Toast bundled. I don't believe Apple's
iLife program iDVD works with an external drive. I found a hack
online which enabled me to install the Apple DVD Player from my
original Panther install disks and use it to play DVDs on the
computer. (It was not an easy endeavor BTW)

Bob