[Macpartners] Re: Macpartners Digest, Vol 17, Issue 3

Kerem B Limon k_limon at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 7 18:40:02 EDT 2004

Janet--

Where is the "chugging" coming from? Is it the computer audio that is getting
stuck in a loop when making some sound? Is it the hard drive (or sound like the
hard drive), or at least something inside the computer box? Maybe we can help
you further this way.

Kerem

PS: BTW, this is one of the greatest shortcomings Apple refuses to fix (next to
the single button mouse), thanks to the 'it's a black box, don't let the user
know what's going on inside' philosophy. A $0.02 hard drive access LED would
help indicate whether there is hard disk activity at the time this happens and
whether it's continuing to get stuck on a corrupt sector or the like.