[Macpartners] Macintosh Utility Software Recommendations

Rocklyn E. Clarke rclarke at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 25 13:26:15 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone,

Back in the MacOS 9.x days, I relied fairly heavily on Norton Utilities
for my Macs.  After my transition to MacOS X (I'm currently running
MacOS 10.3.4), I never really settled on a Mac utility software
strategy.  What kinds of utilities make sense to have in a MacOS X
world?  What are the pros and cons of Disk Warrior, TechTool, etc?

Do you folks have any recommendations or cautions?  Is there an
official IS&T policy on this?

Rocklyn E. Clarke
Former IS Employee