[Macpartners] Apple Technical Forum

Jay jaym at apple.com
Mon Jun 7 12:25:28 EDT 2004

Hello,

On Wednesday June 9th.    MIT's Lab for Information and Decision
Systems will host an Apple Technical Forum in Room 144 in the Stata
Center Building 32 from 1:00 - 3:00  .

Apple Technical Forum
Mac OS X - Unix Development

June 9, 2004
Stata Center Room 144
1 - 3:00 PM

   This session will deliver an  update on the Mac OS X developer tools.
Steve Hayman of Apple.com will be presenting an Xcode and Developer
tools talk. Such as, the Unix core of Mac OS X and the possibilities
for developers. We'll look at Apple's free XCode suite of tools and
discuss and demonstrate the development process. We'll cover GUI
development with Cocoa and Interface Builder, scripting with
AppleScript Studio and UNIX scripting tools, and constructing robust
applications with gcc, C, C++ and Objective-C, including building
graphical front ends to UNIX command line tools. We'll also show
Apple's "CHUD" suite of perfomance analysis tools and specifically show
how the Shark application can help developers optimize their code.

Presenter: Steve Hayman is a National Consulting Engineer with Apple's
education team, specializing in the core operating system and developer
tools.  After obtaining an M.Math and his Unix geek credentials at
Waterloo, Steve came to love the combination of a robust UNIX operating
system with a great graphical interface when he worked at NeXT, and
came to Apple during the Apple/NeXT merger in 1996.  He's delighted
that these tools are now available to a much wider audience than they
ever were during the days of NeXT.    Eric and Jay  will be on hand to
answer questions and engage customers in technical conversations.

A. J. McSweeney
Apple Higher Education Account Executive
The Prudential Center
111 Huntington Ave
Boston MA 02119
617-784-1539