[Macpartners] Recommendations on a (page) counter module for Apache?

Kerem B Limon kerem.limon at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 23 14:24:01 EDT 2004

Hi, folks--

Any recommendations on an Apache module for doing page counting? I am
interested in both no-frills page hit counting and potentially more
detailed stats...a cursory search on Google and Apache.org didn't reveal a
lot. 1.x-compatible modules are preferred. So far, I've only found the
following:

http://www.dan.co.jp/webcounter/
http://www.urz.uni-heidelberg.de/Netzdienste/W3/webcounter.html (older
version of above)
http://www.digitmania.holowww.com/software.html#counter (many outdated links)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/countm (Apache v2 only)

Most of the links I find otherwise are outdated. Are you using one (or
another stats package) on your Web servers? If so, what are they and why do
you like/dislike them?

Thanks,
Kerem

PS: I am not looking to use the Data Warehouse logging features for pages
hosted in AFS via mit.edu, but on a dedicated Web server.