[Macpartners] IS Software Update for September 2003

Deb Bowser bowser at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 30 06:53:35 EDT 2003

Date: Tuesday September 30, 2003
To:  Members of the MIT Community: itpartners at mit.edu, macpartners at mit.edu,
winpartners at mit.edu, sw-release-announce at mit.edu, ed-tech at mit.edu
From: Software Release Team <swrt at mit.edu>
Subj: IS Software Update for September 2003
Cc:  infosys at mit.edu, itag at mit.edu

Spotlight:
SMTP authentication is now enabled in the most recent releases of  Eudora
5.2.1 for Windows and Eudora 5.2.3 for Macintosh and lists outgoing.mit.edu
as the default outgoing SMTP server.  Documentation is currently being
written for other e-mail clients.

Recent Releases (Macintosh)
Fall 2003 CD -  August 25, 2003

Recent Releases (Windows)
Fall 2003 CD -  August 25, 2003
FileZilla 2.1.9 - August 26, 2003
Windows 2000 Pro SP4 - September 29, 2003

Volume Site License Distribution
I/S will be accepting online requests for WinXP from STUDENTS who are
currently running Windows versions 95/98/NT/ME and need to upgrade due to
security issues.  Follow the Windows link from
http://web.mit.edu/is/products/vsls/.

You can request Maple 9 and Mathematica 5.  For availability and ordering
instructions see http://web.mit.edu/is/products/vsls/. As always existing
department users (licenses on MIT_owned machines) will receive the upgrades
automatically through interdepartmental mail.

Software Release Efforts Underway (Linux)
OpenAFS - Release Effort Underway - TBD

Software Release Efforts Underway (Macintosh)
Preparing to support enterprise applications on Mac OS X 10.2.6
TSM 5.1.5 (OS 9) - Release effort underway - November 2003
TSM 5.2 (OS X) - Release effort underway - November 2003

Software Release Efforts Underway (Windows)
HostExplorer 8.x  - Release effort on hold - TBD
WinZephyr 1.1 - Release effort on hold - TBD

To view any of the product release notebooks, please visit our page:
http://web.mit.edu/swrt

Contact Us
How are we doing?  Please take a moment to let us know and provide valuable
feedback to the team:
http://web.mit.edu/swrt/feedback.html

If you prefer to send e-mail, we would appreciate any questions and
comments you may have. Please send them to the Software Release Team at
<swrt at mit.edu>.

Deb Bowser
IS Software Release Team