[Macpartners] minidisc --> mp3 conversion??

Susan Midlarsky susanrm at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 19 23:53:28 EDT 2003

>hi kerem and macpartners--thank you--this is extremely helpful. so which
>one would be the fastest solution? do i have to replay the full minidisc in
>order to transfer the data onto the mac--or is there some high speed transfer
>solution which is possible? e.g. conversion of files? -- thx--have
>a nice day--chris

It depends on which generation of minidisc recorder you have. Mine,
which is about 2 years old, requires real-time playback. The newer
versions are MP3 capable. I haven't used those. However the quality
is great; I just used mine tonight to legally record a conference
call, and converting to CD is wonderful.

On software, though, I would say *stay away* from Audacity. I have
yet to find a stable version, and it has corrupted my audio files
once too often. After much testing, I ended  up with using Audio In
for input and Sound Studio (demo) for editing. Both good apps.

Susan