[Macpartners] OpenAFS Release Effort Underway

Bill Cattey wdc at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 9 17:15:31 EDT 2003

If anyone is currently using OpenAFS on Mac OS X and would like to help
with testing, please contact me.

Thanks.

   -- Al

The MIT OpenAFS Release Team has begun the effort to deliver
OpenAFS to the MIT community for use on stand-alone systems not running
Athena or part of the win.mit.edu domain.

This release effort will focus on Linux, delivering a tested,
documented, and fully supported OpenAFS client tailored to the MIT
environment for use on stand-alone Linux systems, not running Athena.
Later, through other release efforts, we will work on deploying Windows,
Macintosh and Solaris versions to the MIT community.

This work is the first Linux release effort for non-Athena systems.
It is part of a larger IS-wide effort to more broadly apply what
previously has been unique to Athena.  Over time, customers needing
Linux will find stand-alone Linux progressively better supported, and
Athena more approachable and more responsive to their needs.

We will send updates throughout the process. For more information on
the release effort, see the OpenAFS Release Notebook at
http://web.mit.edu/swrt/releases/openafs. If you have questions,
suggestions, or would like to participate in the release of
stand-alone OpenAFS at MIT, please contact the team via email at
openafs-release at mit.edu.

Bill Cattey
MIT Stand-Alone OpenAFS Product Release Coordinator