[Macpartners] Setting up X windows using X11 on a G5

Daniel Hastings hastings at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 28 20:35:48 EST 2003

Hello,
I recently bought a G5 and want to log in to it remotely from my G4 and run
X window applications from the G5 to the G4. I can make my G4 log in to
x.dialup.mit.edu with no trouble using ssh and run X window applications
from Athena. When I do the same to my G5 it says it cannot open the
display (with ssh in verbose mode) which tells me that I am not
setting something right
on the G5. Can anyone give me any advice?
Thanks

--

Daniel Hastings
Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems