[Macpartners] Can't print embedded objects/picture in Word

Stephen P. Bell spbell at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 3 17:05:34 EST 2003

Dear Ishmael,

	I have figured out what was up with not being able to print images.
Turns out in the MS Word preferences under printing, the "drawing
objects" box was not selected.  Not sure how it gets turned on or off
(or what the default is but clicking the box fixes all.

Steve

On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 11:53  AM, Ishmael the Fiddler wrote:

> Stephen Bell,
> It's like deja vu all over again - we are having exactly the same
> problem, and a grant application due Monday.
>
>> I am having a problem working with embedded images in Word v.X.
>> I can easily cut and paste them into the Word document, format them
>> as I
>> wish (text wrapping etc.) and lock in place.  However, if the document
>> is printed the image is missing (as if it were never inserted).
>
> Seems to be on multiple printers, not only the hp4100, but results
> vary considerably.
>
> Please summarize when/if you find a solution!
>
> Thanks,
>
> |\___/|  Ishmael J. Stefanov-Wagner  MIT-RLE      Tel: 617-573-5578
> |/. .\|  Eaton-Peabody Laboratory, Boston, MA     Fax: 617-720-4408
>  \=^=/   ijs at epl.meei.harvard.edu  or  ijs at mit.edu
>          http://www.mit.edu/people/ijs/ijs-work.html
>
> "Power corrupts. PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."  --Edward Tufte, 2003

Stephen P. Bell
MIT/HHMI
Room 68-630
77 Massachusetts Ave.