[lookit-research] Brief site announcement/personal news

Melissa Kline mekline at mit.edu
Thu Oct 5 18:25:10 EDT 2023

Dear all,

I'm writing to let the community know that I will be on family leave from
roughly February to June 2024 - I'm expecting a baby! While I will
personally be unavailable for CHS/Lookit business during this time (except
possibly as a parent/participant), *Children Helping Science will continue
to be up and running during this period.*

While I am out, the rest of the core team (Mark Sheskin, Becky Gilbert, CJ
Green, and Brian Leonard) will continue to be available for questions on
our Slack channel; we will also be refreshing our documentation and adding
new resources to help researchers get up & running smoothly.

For now, here are two requests for the researcher community:

(1) If you have questions about using (or getting started on) the platform,
please ask them on one of the Slack channels whenever possible. Doing this
means that any of our team members can answer your question, and other
researchers with similar issues will also benefit from the answers.  If
you're not yet on the Slack, please fill out this form
<https://forms.gle/WVapAncBwRPR7pLX9> to be sent an invitation!

(2) If you're a new researcher who has been thinking about possibly
starting to test on CHS but hasn't yet completed lab setup, this semester
would also be an excellent time for you to finish doing so if possible!
Instructions for getting started or picking up where you left off are here
<https://lookit.readthedocs.io/en/develop/researchers-start-here.html>.
(And if you've contacted me about lab setup in the past two weeks or so,
never fear, you're in my queue!)

Note: *You do not need *to have an actively running or IRB-approved study
ready in order to set up your lab. Lab setup is both independent from
individual study posting, and good for all the studies your group may
decide to run in the future.

More details in coming months!

- Melissa

--