[LCM Events] Academic and Research Opportunities at the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology

Zeina Saab zsaab at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 30 13:33:52 EDT 2008

Dear All,

You Are Cordially Invited to Explore Academic and Research
Opportunities at the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology
(MIST), Abu Dhabi.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008
12:30 p.m. ? 4:45 p.m.
MIT
Bartos Theater, Wiesner Building, E15
20 Ames Street
Cambridge, MA

As some of you are aware, MIT is participating in a new program to
assist the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) to
establish a world-class, graduate science and engineering educational
program in Abu Dhabi, UAE. This institute will be built in the world's
first zero-carbon, zero-waste "Emerald City" and will focus its
research on renewable energy, sustainable technology, socio-economic
policy and cutting-edge technological initiatives in the fields of
Civil & Environmental Eng., Mechanical Eng., Computer Science and
Electrical Engineering, Engineering Systems Design, and Materials
Science & Chemical Engineering.

We would very much appreciate it if you could forward this invite to
your respective departments, rising undergraduates (esp.
seniors/juniors), graduate students, and academic visionaries in
engineering and science.

For more information about our institute, please visit our website:
http://www.masdar.ac.ae/

Thanking you in advance, I remain
Sincerely yours,
Deanelle Symonds

Ph.D. Candidate in Mechanical and Ocean Engineering
Laboratory for Undersea Remote Sensing
MIT