[LCM Events] Medina Club GSD: "Sound and Space in Islamic Music and Architecture"

elkhoury@gsd.harvard.edu elkhoury at gsd.harvard.edu
Sat Sep 29 19:49:21 EDT 2007

October 15th
"Sound and Space in Islamic Music and Architecture"
48 Quincy Street, Gund Hall, Piper Auditorium, 2:00 p.m.

We would like to invite you all to our first Medina Club event for this
year. The Aga Khan Music Initiative in Central Asia AKMICA will be
presenting a Lecture/Demonstration entitled “Sound and Space in Islamic
Music and Architecture” on Monday October 15th at Piper Auditorium at the
Graduate school of design GSD Harvard.

Presentation format: The session will be an "interactive presentation”, a
dialogue with graduate students about the relationship between sound and
space in Islamic world, mobility in music and architecture, and many other
topics.

It will be a unique opportunity to explore those notions in the presence
of artists from Central Asia, bearers of tradition and oral culture,
experienced masters and their young disciples. The presentation will also
include live performance and screening of documentaries.

Please feel free to spread the word and/or contact me with any additional
questions. You can also check this website to know more about the AKMICA
2007 tour in North America.

http://www.akdn.org/music/index.htm

Snacks & Drinks will be served at the end of the event
Looking forward to seeing you all there

Roula El Khoury