[LCM Events] Tufts University Fares Center Conference March 28-29, 2008

Tufts University Conference Bureau conferences at tufts.edu
Tue Nov 27 13:01:08 EST 2007

THE FARES CENTER

FOR EASTERN

MEDITERRANEAN STUDIES

November 2007

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to invite you to attend a conference entitled "The United
States and the Middle East: What Comes Next After Iraq". The conference will
be held at the Cabot Intercultural Center at Tufts University, 160 Packard
Avenue, Medford, MA on Thursday, March 27 (starting at 3:00 pm) and all day
on Friday, March 28, 2008. The purpose of this conference is to identify
issues that will be of concern to Americans in 2008, specifically how the
U.S.-Iraqi relationship will change and what the impact of domestic and
foreign policy situations in Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Palestine, and
Egypt will be on the relationship between the United States and the Middle
East. We are very pleased that both the Honorable Lee H. Hamilton, Vice
Chair of the 9/11Commission, Director of the Woodrow Wilson International
Center for Scholars, and former member of the U.S. House of Representatives,
and General Anthony M. Zinni, former Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Central
Command and U.S. special envoy to Israel and the Palestinian Authority, will
participate in the conference.

The conference is an important component of our efforts to advance students'
understanding of political, historical, social, demographic, and economic
issues of the Middle East through exposure to the views of distinguished
world leaders, academics, and policy makers. We wish to present our students
with a broad range of cultural perspectives and political opinions, and we
are sure that such a forum will guarantee a panoply of diverse and
stimulating viewpoints.

To register or for more information about this upcoming conference and past
conferences, please visit our Web site at http://farescenter.tufts.edu
<http://farescenter.tufts.edu/>  or contact Tufts University Conference
Bureau by fax at 617-627-3856, telephone at 617-627-3568, or email at
conferences at tufts.edu. Please note that registration for the conference is
free!

We sincerely hope you can join us for what promises to be two very dynamic
days of discussion.

Sincerely,

Leila Fawaz

Issam M. Fares Professor of Lebanese and

Eastern Mediterranean Studies

Founding Director,

Fares Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies

Tufts University

The conference "The United States and the Middle East: What Comes Next After
Iraq" will be sponsored by the Fares Center for Eastern Mediterranean
Studies at Tufts, with the co-sponsorship of the Office of the Provost, the
International Relations Program, and the Tisch College of Citizenship and
Public Service at Tufts University; the Wedge Foundation (Fares Family); and
The Fletcher School along with the International Security Studies Program at
The Fletcher School.

Cabot Intercultural Center, 160 Packard Avenue, Medford, Massachusetts 02155

Phone: 617-627-6560 Fax: 617-627-3461 Website: http://farescenter.tufts.edu
<http://farescenter.tufts.edu/>

Problems viewing this newsletter? Visit our online version.
http://farescenter.tufts.edu/events/conferences/