[LCM Events] [Leb4ever] FW: Bassam Saba Ensemble to perform in Lexington, MA May 8

Loai Naamani loai at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 19 16:27:10 EDT 2007

Dear all— You’re highly encouraged to join us at this spectacular concert
with ‘oud and nay virtuoso, Bassam Saba, and his ensemble. The fundraiser
event honors the legacy of late Dr. Evelyn Menconi, a Lebanese-American who
took great pride in presenting the culture and artists of Lebanon and the
Arab world to the American public. Proceeds will support NGOs in Lebanon
through the ‘Boston to Lebanon’ campaign. More information about the event
is available below. Please distribute widely, and I hope to see you at this
special evening. Best, L.

  _____

From: lebanon-events-bounces at MIT.EDU [mailto:lebanon-events-bounces at MIT.EDU]
On Behalf Of Elaine Hagopian
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 8:32 AM
To: lebanon-events at mit.edu
Subject: [LCM Events] Bassam Saba Ensemble to perform in Lexington, MA May 8
- Please distribute to your list

Evelyn Abdalah Menconi

Memorial Cultural Series

      Co-Sponsors:  The William G. Abdalah Library,

The American-Arab Media Foundation, and

The Lebanese Club at MIT.

The Sounds of Arab Classical Music

featuring

The Bassam Saba Ensemble

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

National Heritage Museum

33 Marrett Road, Lexington, MA 02421

(Directions and map on back)

Reception: 6:00 to 6:45 p.m.

 Program: 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

All proceeds from the sale of tickets will support relief and reconstruction
efforts in Lebanon

as part of the “Boston to Lebanon” campaign.

Tickets: $25.00    Seniors: $20.00    Students: $10.00

Tickets may be purchased at the door or online at:
http://web.mit.edu/lebanon/www/events/upcoming/SabaConcert0507/index.html

Bassam Saba is a world-renowned instrumentalist, conductor, and composer.
He is recognized internationally for his masterful performance on the Nay,
Flute, Oud and Violin and for his original compositions. Other performers in
the Ensemble include April Centrone, Percussionist, Matt Kilmer,
Percussionist, Thomas Bramerie, Double Bassist, and Ramzi Moufarej, Pianist.

The Series honors the legacy of the late Dr. Evelyn Abdalah Menconi, known
for introducing Arab cultural traditions to the public and highlighting
achievements of gifted Arab-Americans.

For program information, please call 781-762-4160 or 781-648-1245.

For museum information and directions, go to www.monh.org
<http://www.monh.org/>  or call 781-861-6559.

Open to the public - Wheelchair accessible - Plenty of free parking

We hope you and your friends will join us for this special evening.

National Heritage Museum

33 Marrett Road (At the intersection of Route 2A and Massachusetts Avenue)

Lexington, MA 02421

(781) 861-6559

Map and Directions

>From I-95/128: Take Exit 30A. This exit will put you onto Route 2A East
(also known as Marrett Road).    The museum is located approximately 3 miles
from the exit. The museum’s entrance will be on your left.   Look for a
brick wall and large iron gates.

>From Route 495: Take Route 2 East to Exit 55 Pleasant Street, Waltham and
Lexington. At the end of the ramp, make a left onto Pleasant Street. Go ½
mile, and merge left onto Routes 4/225. At the end of the road, turn left
onto Massachusetts Avenue. At the junction of Rte. 2A and Massachusetts
Avenue take a left onto Route 2A West. The museum’s entrance is your first
right. Look for a brick wall and large iron gates.

>From Boston: Take Route 2 West to exit 56 (toward Lexington and Bedford).
Turn right at the end of the ramp, following the sign for Routes 4/225. Turn
right onto Routes 4/225, which then merges right onto Pleasant St. At the
end of the road, turn left onto Massachusetts Avenue. At the junction of
Rte. 2A and Massachusetts Avenue, take a left onto Route 2A West. The
museum’s entrance is your first right. Look for a brick wall and large iron
gates.

>From the Massachusetts Turnpike: Get on Route I-95/128 North and take Exit
30A. This exit will put you onto Route 2A East (also known as Marrett Road).
The museum is located approximately 3 miles from the exit. The museum’s
entrance will be on your left. Look for a brick wall and large iron gates.

Public Transportation:  Monday through Saturday from Boston/Cambridge: Take
subway (Red Line) to Alewife Station. Change to bus #62 or #76 to the
museum. The museum is located at the intersection of Massachusetts Avenue
(Route 4) and Route 2A West (Marrett Road).