[LCM Events] Today's talk

R//H rhartm1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 19:28:40 EDT 2005

   Loai,

 The elderly lady with the green jacket is an
Armenian-Syrian professor emerita of political science
at Simmons College. I was quite surprised that you
weren't prepared for her assumption that you're all
"christians from an extremist right-wing,
promoting..."

 It seems as if time had stopped for her at some
point, or that she really is not aware of the change,
even though superficial and political for now, if
that's all they see in it.

 You should contact her to tell her where you all
stand. My understanding is that none of the christians
among you admires the phalangists or Michel Aoun.
The judeo-christian alliances are common in history,
but one should believe in, and work towards having a
now politically-savvy Lebanese citizen who, as
sectarian as the Irish had been in this country, can
hope to participate in power towards more honorable
goals.

 The Arab Student Organization should have her contact
info, as she was recently invited by them to a
roundtable on Palestine.

 What a beautiful generation you represent, all you
need is to thicken your skins to the political games.
  --Randa

Yahoo! Mail