[LCM Events] A Gypsy in Cairo - Middle Eastern Dance Theater Show April 15th

Christi Electris electris at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 15 14:52:01 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

I would like to invite you to a great Middle Eastern dance theater
performance, "A Gypsy in Cairo", that is happening Friday night, April
15th, 8pm - 10pm. Many of the top Middle Eastern Dancers in Boston will be
performing different dance forms through the story of a Gypsy who dreams of
dancing on the glamorous stages of post WW-II Cairo. The details are below,
and you can see the flyer at http://www.joharasnakedance.com/calendar.html
. I have been involved in this show for quite a while, and it's sure to be
spectacular. I am selling tickets until Friday, so please contact me by
then. Otherwise, you can contact the box office directly (
http://www.regenttheatre.com/ ). There is an additional service fee that
the box office will charge, so you can save a few dollars if you plan ahead
and get them from me this week. The performance will be in the beautiful
Regent Theatre in Arlington, on Mass Ave., easily accessible by MBTA bus
(see web site for directions).

Please pass this on to any organizations or friends that may be interested.

Thank you,

Christi Electris
electris at mit.edu
Graduate Student,
Technology and Policy Program

A Gypsy in Cairo

By Johara
Starring Johara and Garabed

New Date :
April 15 8-10

New Location:
The Regent Theatre in Arlington Mass located at 7 Medford Street in
Arlington Center (just off Mass Ave)

Bus lines from Porter Square
Free parking across the street

  Awaken from your winter hibernation and

Escape with us to a world beyond where magic bracelets and serpentine
dancers invoke the power of the Indian ancestors of the Gypsies to bring
together two lost souls and where the golden Phoenix illuminates the path
towards their destiny &
Follow our lovers on their stormy journey through gypsy camps, crowded
Egyptian market-places, and seedy cafes with Arabesque dancing
girls.  Rejoice as fate reunites our lovers on Opening Night at Cairo's
glamorous Theatre de la Danse Orientale.

A Multi-cultural experience for the whole family
Turkish Romany and Egyptian style music and dance
And a spectacular Hollywood-style finale!

Join us as we bring Bellydance out of the shadows and under the brilliant
lights of the theater

Dear Dance Teachers, Students, and Enthusiasts,

Join me, Johara, and a cast of twenty-five dedicated performers to bring
this original story, a home-grown New England production, to the stage.  My
goal for this, my third theatrical production, is to share my love for all
facets of what many consider Middle Eastern belly dance: Turkish, Oriental,
folkloric (including ghawazee, jug dance, tribal dance) and fusion.  This
show by far has been my most challenging endeavor to date.  It is the
culmination of my continually evolving vision and practice of this
beautiful art form.

TICKETS

Call Regent Box office: 781-646-4849
$25 for Adults
$30 Adults Front Row seating (First 3 rows)
  $20 for Children (17 and under).
Ask about group rates

For information on tickets, please call Johara at (617) 780-8890 or email
to <mailto:johara at joharasnakedance.com>johara at joharasnakedance.com .
www.Joharasnakedance.com

Thank You for your interest in this art form

Johara