[LCM Events] Teach In Africa This Summer! (Application to MIT-AITI DEADLINE THIS SUNDAY!!) (fwd)

Hanan Karam hnkaram at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 11 16:13:05 EST 2005

Dear all,

Here is information about the MIT Africa Internet Technology Initiative -
Teach in Africa project. A friend who participated last year told me it
was a very fun, interesting, challenging, and rewarding summer project.
Hanan

----- Forwarded message from Nasruddin Abbas Nazerali <nazerali at MIT.EDU> -----

Assalaam alaikum,

May I encourage you again this year to take this opportunity to spend time in
Ethiopia, Kenya or Ghana and make some positive impact on young men and women
there.  For example, last year two of the girls who went to Ethiopia
really inspired the few girls who get into the Addis Ababa University
Engineering Faculty and managed to get a higher enrollment for them in the
program.  For you personally, immersing in a different culture may give
you some insight on your own, and is an invaluable learning experience
altogether.

You do NOT need to be EECS major to apply.  If you know enough of java
programming, and you are willing to dedicate some time in the Spring in
preparation-- you will be able to do a good job.  If you are an entrepreneurial
person with a passion to changing lives and creating a better world-- this
summer experience is for you.

Please ask me if you have any questions.  Good luck in the applications and
forward to your friends.

Stay well.
Nasruddin.

----- Forwarded message from Samuel N Gikandi <gikandi at MIT.EDU> -----

Looking for an exciting way to spend your summer?

Do you want to experience Africa while making a difference?

Teach in Africa with MIT Africa Internet Technology Initiative.

APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 13th 2005 (THIS SUNDAY!)

WHAT: Teach an intensive 6 week programming and entrepreneurship course in
Ethiopia, Ghana or Kenya at top Universities and high schools.

All expenses paid plus a generous stipend.

WHO: This opportunity is available to ALL MIT Students (Graduate and
Undergraduate) and is open to All Majors (You don't have to be course 6!).

HOW DO I APPLY: Apply online at
http://web.mit.edu/mit-africa
Deadline: February 13th.

APPLY NOW!