[LCM Articles] What is wrong with you people??

Jimmy Kassis kingkassis at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 18 23:22:38 EDT 2006

Rania,
I don’t think I am stating the obvious.  After reading all the comments sent out, the “obvious” is that no one seems to have the balls to speak out against Hezbollah for fear of being labeled unpatriotic.  For a condemnation of Hezbollah is perceived as support for Israel which in itself is unpatriotic

Farrah
I don’t condone Israel destroying all of Lebanon.  95% of the bombing has been targeted to Hezbollah strongholds.  Hezbollah chooses to operate from within civilian areas. That in itself is outrageous; the people supporting Hezbollah should not allow them to launch attacks form hospital rooftops.  We should all rise up and speak out against that.  Again I don’t condone the destruction of my own country, but I understand the other 5% of the bombing that Israel is doing to send a message to the Lebanese government.

Elias
Israel may not defeat them completely but they will sure weaken them to the point where just maybe the Lebanese army can dare to venture to the south and do what is supposed to do and patrol the border.
Israeli exacting revenge on the Lebanese??   Why? For what?   You and I both know that Israel only want security on its northern border.  They have proven that when they COMPLETELY withdrew in 2000.

Maurice
I won’t disappear. Deal with it.
I don’t agree with taking the country back 20 years.  But I want a solution a permanent one.  I am sick and tired of holding Hezbollah’s hand begging them to disarm.  At the rate we are moving with Hezbollah and Syria they would have taken us back 20 years anyways.

Philippe
Before you go questioning my Lebanese identity, my patriotism, and calling me a coward let me tell you something about myself.  My house was burned to the ground by the Druze in 1981; my house was then leveled to the ground by the Israeli invasion in 1982 in the mountains.  My house again destroyed in Beirut and my mother badly injured from Syrian shelling in 1989.  And some more destruction was piled on my house and family from the Lebanese Forces with their war with GMA.  Despite all that, I love Lebanon, I love the people, and I believe in a united Lebanon with Christians and Muslims living together as one people. I truly believe in that vision.
I don’t believe us as Lebanese have united enough to disarm Hezbollah.  Hezbollah being the undisputed puppets of Syria and Iran, I hold them responsible for the death of some of the finest people that Lebanon ever produced from Hariri and Tueini to the rest you know the list I won’t repeat here.  After what round of talks were you expecting Hezbollah to disarm?  Hezbollah wanted every Arab and Iranian issue resolved before they did anything.  Is that what you want? I am tired as stated of listening to their lame ass excuses of why they need to be armed.   Yes the death of 250 civilians is horrible, but if the end result is a country free of militias in peace with ALL its neighbors working to build a bright future for its children, then their death is well worth it.