LDFLAGS in krb5-config --libs, but not in pkg-config

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon May 2 14:15:08 EDT 2022

>Since apparently not everyone has migrated to pkg-config over time, it
>might be reasonable to remove LDFLAGS from the krb5-config --libs output.

FWIW, I kind of depend on the flags being in the --libs output (because
there's no separate krb5-config --ldflags krb5).  The big thing I need
from that is the appropriate rpath option.  I can appreciate pkg-config
might be better in the long run, but ... that's a long tail of code to
change.  I am not sure there are wonderful answers that will make
everyone happy.

--Ken