Not building kcpytkt/kdeltkt

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Aug 2 18:58:24 EDT 2021

>That was before my time, so I don't know if it was deliberate or an
>oversight.  (I've looked over list archives in the past and never found
>anything conclusive.)  But I'd rather not add them at this point if
>there isn't a real need for them.  Some of the use cases for them can be
>met by kinit -S or kvno --out-ccache.

Fair enough, although I don't think either of those really replicate
the specific functionality exercised by krb5_cc_remove_cred()?  Although I
don't think I've ever really wanted to remove a specific credential from
a cache.  I am racking my brain and I cannot come up with a reason to.

A quick grep over the source code suggests to me other than kdeltkt,
the only other way (assuming an application doesn't specifically call
that function) for krb5_cc_remove_cred() to be called would be for
krb5_cc_set_config() with a NULL data argument, which the MIT source code
does not do.  And, actually, maybe that's ONE possible use case?  I could
imagine a few weird cases where I might want to delete configuration
information stored in the cache.  I will be the first to confess this
is not a strong reason.

--Ken