Not building kcpytkt/kdeltkt

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Aug 2 18:35:30 EDT 2021

So, I've been working on something I talked about a bit ago, a credential
cache for MacOSX that dlopen()s the OS-provided Kerberos implementation
to solve the lack of interoperability between MIT Kerberos and MacOS X
Kerberos.  So far, this works fine but it brings up something I just
noticed now.

I wanted to test out krb5_cc_remove_cred(), but I couldn't find any code
that calls it (other than some of the self-tests but those are awkward to
use outside of the test suite.  But then I ran across kdeltkt and I thought
that would be perfect ... except, as it turns out, it's not being built.
That and kcpytkt were committed to the tree back in 2004 and even added
to the subdirectory list in the clients Makefile.in, but those Makefiles
were never added to configure.ac so they ended up getting skipped for
Unix builds all of this time (the appropriate code was added for those
to be part of the Windows build).

I guess I'm wondering ... how come?  I admit those utilities might not be
useful that often, but it seems like they could be.  Was it just an
oversight?  Any objection to a patch to add those back to the build?

--Ken