Creating a keytab for an AD user

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Sun Sep 23 13:13:45 EDT 2018

On 09/23/2018 11:05 AM, Markus Moeller wrote:
>    Is that a known change (i.e. which AD attribute is used instead of the user id)  and can ktutil addent get an option to set the salt ?

I do not know if Active Directory changed.  On the MIT krb5 side, we
added a -salt option to ktutil addent in release 1.16.  We also have an
unfinished feature to fetch the salt from the KDC; I can't say if and
when that work will be completed.

There is also a popular third-party tool called msktutil which may be
easier to use for this operation.

In the future, please use kerberos at mit.edu for operational questions
like this, not the development list.