Build krb5 on cygwin

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Wed Apr 4 18:34:37 EDT 2018

On 04/04/2018 01:01 AM, Weijun Wang wrote:
> This is my first time trying to build MIT krb5 on cygwin. I have gcc installed and "bash configure" fails with
>
>    configure: error: Shared libraries are not yet supported on this platform.
>
> Adding --disable-shared --enable-static but see the same error.

Cygwin isn't a supported platform for MIT krb5, and I think it would
take a fair amount of work, or at least expertise, to get a cygwin build
working.  We don't really support a static library build; I added the
partial support for --disable-shared --enable-static back when gcov
didn't work with shared libraries, and haven't maintained it.

> I tried using MSVC 2013 but it shows "cl --version" not supported.

I'm not sure where this is coming from.  Our Windows build currently
requires MSVC 2010.  Getting it to work with later versions might not
require too many changes.