.conf file in includedir

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Tue Mar 21 11:19:24 EDT 2017

I've just noticed some change in krb5.conf's includedir directive [1]:

    "Including a directory includes all files within the directory whose
names consist solely of alphanumeric characters, dashes, or underscores.
Starting in release 1.15, files with names ending in ”.conf” are also
included."

My understanding of the old rule is to exclude OS-generated files like
.DS_Store and desktop.ini, but is it safe to include all ".conf" files?
At least I've heard that if you let a macOS access your non-Apple file
system, it will likely to create a ._krb5.conf file beside your existing
krb5.conf file.

Thanks
Max

[1]