Exposing authentication indicators through libkrb5

Matt Rogers mrogers at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 18:06:44 EST 2016

----- Original Message -----

After looking at it more my concern is that leading up to calling the verify
function (in rd_req_decoded_opt()) the key provided could be a subkey or a
service key from the keytab, and we need to make sure we're only using the
service key to check the svc-verifier, without unnecessary trips to the keytab.

> > In addition to this, authind_extract() (which is currently private to the
> > kdc
> > code) may need to be moved to libkrb5 so the plugin can handle the
> > authdata.
>
> Yes, some code currently in the KDC will need to be moved to libkrb5.
> Assuming these won't be public APIs, use k5_ name prefixes for the new
> library functions, declare them in include/k5-int.h, and add them to
> lib/krb5/libkrb5.exports so the KDC can access them.

I submitted PR #410 for two public API functions. They will first be needed
for a check_policy_tgs KDB method, but then also for the authdata plugin.
Thanks again.

Regards,
Matt