Exposing authentication indicators through libkrb5

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Wed Feb 17 12:01:49 EST 2016

On 02/17/2016 10:06 AM, Matt Rogers wrote:
> In continuing the discussion about exposing AI data to GSSAPI name extension,
> the AI authdata plugin will need to be able to acquire the raw authdata (after
> extraction from a verified CAMMAC) with an indication that the contents were
> authenticated. It seems that this processing will need to be done outside of the
> plugin since it won't have access to the keys required to verify the CAMMAC.

Can you elaborate?  The current authdata verify method receives a key
parameter, which I believe is the key required to verify the CAMMAC
using the svc-verifier.

> In addition to this, authind_extract() (which is currently private to the kdc
> code) may need to be moved to libkrb5 so the plugin can handle the authdata.

Yes, some code currently in the KDC will need to be moved to libkrb5.
Assuming these won't be public APIs, use k5_ name prefixes for the new
library functions, declare them in include/k5-int.h, and add them to
lib/krb5/libkrb5.exports so the KDC can access them.