any way to get user's ldap dn (or part of it) as part of the ticket?

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Fri Aug 26 02:42:24 EDT 2016

Yeah, I want the UUID on the service that gets tickets from the clients
(so I can stop using the username as a db key, which was just a terrible
idea but hey, I was young).

So, to be clear, the client (my game) logs into the KDC, requests a
ticket to the service (the lobby server), and then logs into the lobby
server using this ticket.  I'd like the lobby server to be able to get
the UUID (from the kdb LDAP backend) out of the ticket without talking
to the KDC/LDAP machine again over the wire.  I don't particularly care
if the client can decrypt the UUID, but I guess it's slightly better if
they can't (which it sounds like is the case with authdata, it's
encrypted with the service key)?.

It looks like the greet client and server stuff are the things to look
at here?

Chris