krb5.conf and 32 vs 64-bit plugins

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Mon Aug 17 00:33:50 EDT 2015

On 08/14/2015 08:43 AM, Tomas Kuthan wrote:
> We would like to solve that by supporting $ISA place holder in the path,
> that would translate to '/64/' on 64-bit and to '/' on 32-bit. Hence the
> following (artificial) example would work fine for both:
>
>     module = pkinit:/lib/$ISA/site/preauth/pkinit.so
>
> Would MIT be willing to accept a patch implementing something along
> these lines?

My concern is that different operating systems have done different
things with 32-bit and 64-bit libraries, even within the space of Linux
distributions.  Rather than a solution narrowly tailored to one
operating system, I would like a plan which can cover a broad range of
operating systems, preferrably one which doesn't add a lot of complexity
to the code.