binding to a specific local interface?

Bin Lu blu at paloaltonetworks.com
Thu Sep 4 22:12:23 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to bind the socket to a specific local network interface (address) when it make socket connection to the KDC. Does the library have a mechanism to do that? I briefly scanned through the code but it does not seem to have any. If not, then I try to add a new API to pass in the local binding address and do the binding when socket connection is established. My problem is that the newly added API (defined in krb5/krb5.h, and implemented in one of the source files) is always complained as undefined symbol at link time, even though 'nm' output shows it is defined ('t').  Is there any hidden trick that  prevents a new API to be added in this lib?

Thanks in advance,
-binlu