Purpose of ticket present in AS-REP message

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 6 14:22:38 EDT 2014

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, somenath saha wrote:

> hi all,
>
> can any one describe me the purpose of the ticket which present in AS-REP
> message. please provide me some details about it and suggest me how to
> decrypt this ticket..

Asking for an explanation without context or indication of prior knowledge
places a great burden on the person being asked for an explanation, who
must decide at what level of detail to respond.

For example, are you familiar with all the concepts presented in
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dialogue.html ?

-Ben Kaduk