How to find out bitness of gss library?

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Thu Nov 21 03:48:57 EST 2013

On 11/21/13, 16:21, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-11-18 at 22:35 +0800, Weijun Wang wrote:
>>
>> The problem is, a 64 bit Linux system can have both 32 bit and 64 bit
>> libraries installed, and we would like to find out if the installed
>> libgss is one, the other, or both, so that we can determine which
>> version of Java we can test. Is there a way to find out this?
>
> Test both versions of Java. If they fail to load the GSS libraries, then
> they weren't there. :)
>
> Or am I missing a reason why that can't work?

Here we are testing Java, so we cannot assume it always do the correct
thing. Maybe the correct library is there but Java cannot load it.

> You have to handle that specific failure mode as a "could not test"
> event rather than "abort the release and activate the engineers'
> electro-shock mechanism" but that can't be so hard, surely?

Yes, the current test's logic is that if a 32-bit Java fails on a 64-bit
Linux it just prints a warning. If an engineer is bore enough he could
manually check what is happening.

Thanks
Max