How to find out bitness of gss library?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Nov 21 03:21:00 EST 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-18 at 22:35 +0800, Weijun Wang wrote:

> The problem is, a 64 bit Linux system can have both 32 bit and 64 bit
> libraries installed, and we would like to find out if the installed
> libgss is one, the other, or both, so that we can determine which
> version of Java we can test. Is there a way to find out this?

Test both versions of Java. If they fail to load the GSS libraries, then
they weren't there. :)

Or am I missing a reason why that can't work?

You have to handle that specific failure mode as a "could not test"
event rather than "abort the release and activate the engineers'
electro-shock mechanism" but that can't be so hard, surely?

--
dwmw2