Problem in Compiling MIT Krb 1.11.2 on 64 bit Windows Env

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 21 13:01:41 EDT 2013

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013, Mohit Aggrawal wrote:

> Hello Ben,
>
> I am able to resolve the error using setenv. But now i am facing one more
> error
> due to HTML help compiler.
> hhc compiler used for building the help is not in path
>
> i.e.
>
> Output going into obj\AMD64\rel
>        hhc MITKerberosHelp.hhp
> 'hhc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'copy' : return code '0x1'
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'for' : return code '0x1'
>
> But when i try to install it it is giving error as
>
> "This computer is already having an newer version of HTML help"
>
> Please let me know to include any other variable in PATH to get it.

I usually end up modifying the system Path environment variable; Control
Panel->System and Security->System->Advanced System Settings (on the left
sidebar)->Advanced (tab)->Environment Variables
A semicolon delimits separate path entries, and the hhc.exe is usually in
C:\Program Files (x86)\HTML Help Workshop\ or thereabouts.

I think that the WiX installer also fails to add itself to the path, so
you might add C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Installer XML v3.NNN\bin
(adjust NNN as appropriate) while you're there.

-Ben