Serialization framework future

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Thu May 31 10:41:29 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Sam Hartman <hartmans at mit.edu> wrote:
> I agree with nico that the serialization format for credentials should
> be the krb-cred we just  standardized in the IETF.

Note that KRB-CRED's KrbCredInfo doesn't include authorization-data.
Is that important?  I think it could be!  Couldn't we add that to
KrbCredInfo?  The obvious answer is that we can't just modify KRB-CRED
as senders would have to negotiate recipient support for that.  But we
could have additional fields in KrbCredInfo for serialization
purposes.

I'd still rather use KRB-CRED.

Nico