Inserting opaque data into the DB

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 20 09:06:12 EDT 2011

On 10/20/2011 04:42 AM, Alejandro Perez Mendez wrote:
> I have a question related with this string attributes. Will they have a
> maximus size of will they be unlimited?

The total size of all string attributes on a principal entry (keys and
values) will be limited to 64K, because of an ancient restriction that
tl-data values are limited to 64K.

There is no other size constraint, although the processing of string
attributes is not intended to be efficient for large amounts of data.
(The same is true of tl-data and of the KDB interface in general, since
we fetch whole principal entries whenever we operate on one.)