GSS memory allocation initial cut for review

Kevin Wasserman krwasserman at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 1 16:20:45 EDT 2011

Apologies for the delay getting back to you on this...
I agree with you that getting a uniform gss mechglue
specification that that included a context passed in
every call would be a vast improvement over the
current mechglue situation.  Unfortunately it would
also be a serious undertaking that would impact every
platform, not just windows.  I believe such an effort
is beyond the scope of our current projects and I do
not think it is strict requirement.  It's possible I could
be proven wrong.  I'm not sure what you mean by
"...Moonshot requires that mechglue layers themselves
be mechanisms".  I'm not aware of any such requirement.
Sam is incommunicado until Monday, but perhaps he
can shed more light when he returns.  I'm loath to
get into any detail about Moonshot myself both
because it's out of scope for this list and because
I don't know the project well enough to trust myself
to be completely accurate.

-Kevin Wasserman