Plugin development

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 9 12:22:14 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 11:21 -0500, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> I am interested in developing a krb5 1.8 plugin that announces a login
> using D-Bus. I'd like to have other daemons use this information to
> perform various actions to prepare an environment for the use by a user.

Can you explain, independent of the idea of plugins, what behavior you
want the Kerberos library to exhibit?  The Kerberos library is typically
used by a system's login process, but does not control it, so there is
not necessarily a good integration point for announcing a login.  It's
possible that what you want is a PAM module.

Your question does point out that we could benefit from a central list
of pluggable interfaces for developers.