[Ietf-krb-wg] RFC 4121 - Context Deletion Tokens

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri May 7 11:13:53 EDT 2010

Tim Alsop wrote:
> Doug,
>
>> So is there some special reason you need to use the GSSAPI delete context message?
>
> Srini and I are working on testing our own GSS library for RFC4121 compliance and testing interoperability with MIT, Heimdal, Microsoft SSPI etc. and whilst doing this we found some inconsistencies between MIT code and the RFC, which is why Srini asked about it.

OK, well that explains, it. But some of the questions like the RR questions lead me
to believe he might be a lone novice just looking at GSSAPI code.

But has has been pointed out the code in question was from 1993 and may not be
used but is still in the RFC and may be broken in some implementations.