krb5-1.8-alpha1 is available

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Jan 15 11:25:17 EST 2010

Tom Yu wrote:
  > MIT krb5-1.8-alpha1 is now available for download from
[...]
> Please send comments to the krbdev list.

krb5-1.8-alpha1 built on Solaris 10 using Sun's gcc /usr/sfw/bin
has these issues:

   MIN is used in src/lib/gssapi/krb5/prf.c but MIN is not defined
   in any include files. By adding the attached patch, it complies.

   The Sun xscreensaver appears to have a bug that overwrites memory.
   I have seen this with krb5-1.7 and got around it. It looks like it
   is overwriting something different in krb5-1.8 with worse results then
   in krb5-1.7. More tests are needed.

With using pam_krb5-4.0, pam-afs-session-1.7, opensc-0.11.12,
OpenSSL-0.9.8i and pcsc-lite-1.5.5, I can use PKINIT with smart card
to W2008 DCs.

  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439