1.8 goals... Met or not?

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Sat Jan 2 12:03:17 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 07:47 -0500, Ezra Peisach wrote:
> a) Move towards test-driven development:

The 1.8 goal was fairly modest: manual testing procedures for new
features.  We weren't requiring automated tests.

We haven't done a list of goals for 1.9, but I am hoping to include
developing a Python-based testing framework which makes automated system
tests almost as easy as unit tests currently are.  Then we can perhaps
require automated tests for new features.

An obstacle in some cases is when features are intended to interoperate
with AD-like back ends which can provide aliases and referrals.  We
don't necessarily want to build a full directory into our back ends, but
it makes it hard to test those features.

>     i) Disable DES by default - looking at the code in init_ctx.c - I
> believe the default is still for DES tickets...

We did let the ball drop in terms of developing migration tools, but
I'll have a proposal for an incremental change in a day or two.