krb5-1.8-beta1 is available

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 22 00:07:02 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 23:32 -0500, Marcus Watts wrote:
> I can now authenticate, so the tgt process seems ok.  The service ticket I
> get doesn't work, results in an ASN.1 parse error returned by the server.
> So I'm assuming there's something different in the encrypted contents
> that an application server sees in a ticket.  1.7.1, in the identical
> circumstance, works fine.

My guess would be the authdata; we're including an AD-SIGNEDPATH element
in essentially all tickets now, as I understand it, and that's new in
1.8.

Of course, I don't have any reason to believe the AD-SIGNEDPATH authdata
is improperly ASN.1-encoded.  Hopefully if there's a problem, we can
nail it down before release (which is scheduled for a week from now).