krb5-1.8-beta1 is available

Marcus Watts mdw at umich.edu
Sun Feb 21 23:32:32 EST 2010

Tom Yu <tlyu at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> MIT krb5-1.8-beta1 is now available for download from
> Please send comments to the krbdev list in the next week.

I've tried out 1.8-beta1 in the same environment as I had tried out
1.8-alpha1.

I can now authenticate, so the tgt process seems ok.  The service ticket I
get doesn't work, results in an ASN.1 parse error returned by the server.
So I'm assuming there's something different in the encrypted contents
that an application server sees in a ticket.  1.7.1, in the identical
circumstance, works fine.

That's all that I know at this point.  I'll know more once I have a
chance to step through things with a debugger and such.

				-Marcus