kdc "status" - string or number

Zhanna Tsitkova tsitkova at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 4 14:22:03 EST 2010

On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:43 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I don't have a strong opinion on whether status is a string or number.
> I do believe that plugins need to be able to set an error string of
> their own choosing that manages to make its way into the KDC log and
> the
> error packet's e_text field.

It was my assumption that every audit plug-in may have its own event-
id map with various  alert levels and filter management for the better
control over what is logged in.
However, if  we decide to implement our own pluggable audit system, it
perhaps makes sense to re-use the information (i.e. status) with minor
modifications  that is already available.

Thanks,
Zhanna