kdc "status" - string or number

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 4 13:43:26 EST 2010

I don't have a strong opinion on whether status is a string or number.
I do believe that plugins need to be able to set an error string of
their own choosing that manages to make its way into the KDC log and the
error packet's e_text field.

Status doesn't really feel this need, but it does feel a similar need of
making it easier to distinguish sub-errors for debugging at least in the
log.  I think that if you aren't careful to provide more granular
debugging facilities both for the main KDC code and for plugins before
making this change, you will make an already difficult situation worse.