krb5-1.9-beta3 is available

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 20 13:55:49 EST 2010

If I understand your proposed fix, what you are saying is that if TERM
is not set in the environment set it to dumb.
The original code has TERM forced to dumb all the time.

For your fix to work, it means that your default TERM setting behaves
better than dumb. Since the problem is the backspaces, it probably means
that your system does not have a dumb terminal type defined.

I think your fix is wrong because it will not tend to correct TERM.
I think a better fix would be to understand what TERM you are using and
why dumb doesn't work, detect that situation and update the tests.

So, what is TERM set to in your enviroment when the tests succeed?

--Sam